Gregor advises on German and EU competition law (in both cases including merger control). He represents national and international companies as well as associations from industry, trade and the services sector before the Federal Cartel Office respectively the European Commission and in legal proceedings with competition law implications before German and European Courts. In addition, Gregor advises on all distribution and contract related competition law matters.
A further key practice area is the support of national and international companies and associations in the establishment, further development and supervision of compliance systems (among others, carrying out compliance audits). He advises in German and English.
What others say
Frequently recommended for competition law – 'first-class advice at fair conditions; reachable at all times', client; 'strong in advising Mittelstand companies; experienced in internal investigations', competitors
JUVE Handbook 2021/22 and 2022/23
Leading lawyer for competition law 2022
WirtschaftsWoche Top-Kanzleien 2022
Recommended lawyer for antitrust law and compliance; Gregor Schiffers impresses with his very good specialist knowledge and the ability to apply this directly to corporate processes. He also succeeds in presenting complex legal issues and assessments in a comprehensible and understandable manner, which is of overriding importance, particularly in contact with employees outside the legal department
Legal 500 Germany 2023
One of the most frequently recommended lawyers for european law
Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers® 'Germany's Best Lawyers 2022'
One of the leading lawyers for competition law and compliance
kanzleimonitor.de 2022/2023 (law firm directory of the German institute for legal departments & in-house lawyers)
- Representing various companies before the Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission in fine proceedings
- Frequent merger control notifications to the Federal Cartel Office for a major project developer in the renewable energy sector
- Implementation of group-wide compliance structures for (publicly-traded) companies
- Studied law at the University of Cologne, 1997 to 2002
- Studied at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA, for the Master of Laws (LL.M.), 2003 to 2004
- PhD on international stock company law with Prof. Dr Barbara Grunewald (University of Co-logne) with a scholarship from the Arbeitskreis Wirtschaft und Recht im Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft
- Legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Cologne, 2005 to 2007 (inter alia, elective stage at the Directorate-General for Competition of the European Commission)
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Kapellmann since 2008
Further qualifications and memberships
- Member of the Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.
- Lecturer on competition law and corporate compliance at Technische Universität Dortmund
- Speaker at numerous conferences and seminars on competition law as well as on compliance matters