Corporate transactions (M&A)
Company mergers and acquisitions as well as sales are usually associated with significant legal and practical challenges for all parties involved. Mastering the legal aspects of these challenges while minimising risks, requires solid legal knowledge, experience and negotiating skills. We regularly support numerous transactions of different sizes in a large variety of industries, from different perspectives, from conception to successful conclusion.
The members of our Sector Group, with their comprehensive know-how and their extensive experience, use their vision and foresight to steer your transaction project in the right direction, to guide it safely through every stage and to help you to avoid expensive mistakes. Our understanding of the specific challenges facing medium-sized sellers and purchasers as well as our solution-oriented and pragmatic approach have meant that we are much in demand, both in Germany and abroad.
On the basis of many years of experience and academic research, our specialists advise on all aspects of transactions relevant to medium-sized companies – from the first letter of intent to full integration. We support both private individuals and small, medium and large companies and company groups.
Listed as a leading law firm for M&A in Germany
JUVE Handbuch 2021
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE
- Advising buyers and sellers of 100 %, majority or minority shareholdings, on share deals and asset deals, on exclusive negotiations and bidding procedures
- Providing support in the planning and structuring of transactions and in the choice of the optimal transaction format
- Carrying out legal due diligence reviews, with AI support on request
- Drafting and negotiating company purchase agreements, investment agreements and ancillary contracts
- Advising on alternative forms of takeover such as capital measures and mergers or demergers
- Advising on company disposals and acquisitions in crisis and insolvency situations
RECENT EXPERIENCE INCLUDES
- Advising the management of an international advertising agency on their management buy-out
- Supporting the disposal of a care home by means of a share deal
- Advising on the disposal of a medium-sized biotech company to an international group
- Advising the LIVOS Group on share deals for the acquisition and disposal of residential and commercial real estate and corresponding project developments
- Advising the FREO Group and Tristan Capital on the acquisition of Düsseldorf Euro Centres I and II by means of a share deal
- Advising the acrylic fibre producer DRALON on the acquisition of DOLAN
- Advising Getsafe GmbH on the disposal of its digital brokerage business and the Getsafe app to Verivox (asset deal)