The demand for project development has been growing for several years. Against a background of low interest rates and economic uncertainty, real estate investments have seen a significant increase in activity. Many new and even international players have recently added to already substantial competitive pressure in this area.
Increasing challenges are posed not only by lack of land, decreasing planning permission figures and a lack of capacity in the construction industry. New legal requirements, for example, with respect to social aspects, environmental protection and compliance create additional levels of complexity.
A high level of specialised legal support is required – from land acquisition through to the procurement of financing and funding resources, from the development of the project concept to building permission, construction and subsequent use.
Working closely with our Practice Groups, the Kapellmann Project Development Sector Group advises principals and contractors on all phases of the project development – with a clear overview and the necessary foresight. The experience gained through more than 40 years of practice, makes the team quick in understanding the individual challenges of a project and precise in the development of newer, more expedient approaches. A wide-ranging portfolio of recent experience and pioneering publications on the subject provide insights into the innovative thought and practice of our experts.
Leading law firm for project development
JUVE Handbook 2022/23
Top-law firm for project development
Legal 500 Germany 2023
SERVICES WE OFFER INCLUDE
- Participation in project acquisitions
- Due diligence reviews in project developments
- Structuring and support of project implementation companies
- Advising on project specific contractor employment models
- Establishment of building rights (urban development planning, authorisations and neighbourhood consents)
- Individual partnering and construction team agreements
- Interlinked design and support of project management, planning, construction, lease and facility management agreements in major projects
- Advising on financing and funding issues
- Conflict management in all phases of project development