Dr du Mont advises on German and European merger control, in competition proceedings of the Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission as well as in court proceedings relating to competition law before the German and European Courts. A key area of his practice is providing continuous advice to companies in order to ensure the observance of competition law rules and regulations in their daily business (compliance). Here Dr du Mont advises, inter alia, on competition aspects of contract law and carries out training and compliance audits. He advises in German, English, French and Russian.
What others say
Leading lawyer for competition law 2022
WirtschaftsWoche Top-Kanzleien 2022
Frequently recommended for competition law; pragmatic and competent, client; extremely intelligent and responsive, competitor
JUVE Handbook 2020/2021 and 2022/2023
Recommended lawyer for competition law and compliance; 'Mr Ivo du Mont is an ever-reliable and very committed partner for us. His advice is always of the highest quality and of a practical nature. The advice is efficient and he excels in providing an immediate, resilient assessment on urgent matters as much as substantive legal papers in due time where required'
Legal 500 Germany 2022 and 2023
One of the most frequently recommended lawyers for Competition/Antitrust Law
Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers® 'Germany's Best Lawyers 2022'
Listed as a recommended lawyer for competition law
kanzleimonitor.de 2022/2023 (law firm directory of the German institute for legal departments & in-house lawyers)
- Studied law in Saarbrücken, Lille (France) and Warwick (UK), 1996 to 2002
- Scholarship from the Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes, 1996 to 2002
- Legal clerkship with the Higher Regional Court of Cologne, 2003 to 2005
- Research assistant with Linklaters Oppenhoff & Rädler, Cologne and Brussels, focusing on German and EU competition law, 2002 to 2004
- LL.M. (University of Warwick), European private law, 2005
- PhD on German law of obligations, 2006
- Lawyer at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, Cologne, focusing on German and EU competition law, 2006 to 2009
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Kapellmann since 2009
Further qualifications and memberships
- Speaker at numerous seminars in competition law, inter alia in collaboration with the BME (Bundesverband Materialwirtschaft, Einkauf und Logistik e.V.)
- Member of the Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.