The health sector is a high tech sector and thus plays an important role in technical advancement. Other than data processing and the electronics industry, no other branch of science invests as much worldwide in research and development as the health sector.
The unique characteristics of this sector may already be observed in the planning and construction of healthcare facilities. Highly-equipped technical buildings present stringent requirements for those involved in their planning and construction – from the needs-assessment stage through to commissioning. They must anticipate future developments such as, for example, operation as a “Smart Hospital“ and sustainability issues. With funded projects – as it is often the case here – close coordination with the funding body is required and procurement law provisions must be closely observed.
Private and public principals, construction companies, architecture and engineering firms therefore rely on our expertise in complex construction projects and procurement procedures. We also represent them before courts and public procurement tribunals. We advise operators of health care facilities on issues of State aid law. We regularly provide support in takeovers and mergers in the health sector. The services we provide in this sector are rounded off by healthcare-specific compliance advice and criminal defence.
- Restructuring of St. Elisabeth Hospital, Ravensburg (Value > €200m.), advising principal on all construction and procurement law issues
- Klinikum Ansbach, advising principal on all construction and procurement law issues
- Landkreis Ravensburg on the planned takeover of Krankenhaus 14 Nothelfer GmbH from Weingarten City
- Procurement review proceedings in connection with the procurement of the object planning contract for the newbuild of the portal clinic at the University of Munich
- Regular competition law advice to several international pharmaceutical companies
- Klinikum Darmstadt: project advice for central newbuild
- Evangelisches Krankenhaus Holzminden: project advice for restructuring and newbuild
- Health insurance fund: ongoing representation in a series of procurement procedures
- University clinic: procurement and contract law advice on newbuild of neurology PP and newbuild of central sterilisation unit