Dr Wiemer advises on issues under German and EU competition law and energy law. In the field of competition law she represents companies and trade associations in proceedings of the Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission concerning possible infringements of competition law requirements. Dr Wiemer advises and represents companies in Court proceedings relating to competition law as well as in merger control proceedings. The continuous advice to companies and trade associations on competition law questions arising in the course of their daily business is a key area of her activity. Within this context, Dr Wiemer advises, among other things, on questions surrounding the design of distribution systems and agreements and provides training and compliance audits.
In the field of energy law, Dr Wiemer focuses on renewable energies and decentralised energy supply (incl. CHP plants) as well as selected questions of network regulation (access, flexibilities). She represents clients in proceedings of the Federal Network Agency as well as in court proceedings relating to energy law.
What others say
Recommended lawyer for compliance
Legal 500 Germany 2020
One of the most frequently recommended lawyers for Competition/Antitrust Law
Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers® 'Germany's Best Lawyers 2021'
- Studied law in Greifswald and Norwich (UK), 2002 to 2008
- Scholarship from the Stiftung der Deutschen Wirtschaft, 2003 to 2006
- LL.M. in International Competition Law and Policy, University of East Anglia, Norwich (UK), specialising in English and EU Competition law, network regulation, 2005/2006
- Research Assistant at Hengeler Mueller, Düsseldorf, key specialisation Competition law, 2008/2009
- Legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court Düsseldorf, 2009 to 2011, inter alia positions with Oppenhoff & Partner Rechtsanwälte in Cologne (Competition law) as well as the Federal Network Agency (regulation of gas networks)
- Lawyer at Hengeler Mueller, Düsseldorf, specialising in competition law, 2011 to 2013
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwältin) at Kapellmann since 2013
- PhD in parallel with work, topic of thesis: „Most favored nation clauses and two-sided markets“, 2014 to 2018
Further qualifications and memberships
- Member of the Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.
- Member of the DICO (Deutsches Institut für Compliance e.V.)
- Speaker at numerous seminars on competition law as well as on competition law compliance
- Speaker at numerous seminars on the German Act on Renewable Energies (EEG), inter alia for the Bundesverband Windenergie e.V.