Trade and logistics
Legal issues in the field of trade and logistics do not stop at the perimeters of the classic legal areas, but represent truly interdisciplinary material. Transport and shipping law, transport insurance law, distribution law but also company law and construction and real estate law – these are the legal challenges of providing comprehensive advice in the business area of trade and logistics.
The multi-faceted specialisation of our law firm makes it possible for us to support clients on practically all legal issues.
- Construction and real estate law: project structuring and packaging, financing concepts (leasing und contracting), construction site safety and construction employment law, project management and planning agreements and agreements with executing companies, contract management and anti-claim management, leasing and rental agreements, out-of-court conflict resolution and partnering
- Plant engineering and IT law: drafting and amending of agreements for plant builders and IT
- Insurance law: arrangement of appropriate insurance and claims in the event of a loss
- Procurement law: preparation and implementation of commission and concession agreements, above and below the EU thresholds, representation in review procedures
- Distribution law: advising on and developing distribution systems (in particular, selective and exclusive distribution systems) at all levels of trade
- Transport law: drafting of all types of agreement under transport law as well as court representation on issues of transport law
- EU state aid law: representation in main investigations and notification proceedings, preventative state aid law advice, representation before the courts of the EU (ECJ and CFI)
- Competition law: advising on the drafting of agreements and alliances in conformity with competition law, advising on the avoidance of allegations of the abuse of a dominant position
- Public law: advising and managing public law proceedings, advising on environment law, in particular, pollution control, advising on and providing representation in planning permission and building procedures
- Compliance: creating specific compliance systems including training and e-learning
Our expertise in company law and employment law rounds off the legal services that we provide.
- Advising a significant food retailer on construction and lease law issues in various markets
- Advising a leading airline on the implementation of an infrastructure project during continuous operation and within the airport environment including advising on and renewing the logistic system
- Advising on the new construction of various high-bay warehouses
- Advising on the new construction and operation of a logistics centre – contract drafting and negotiation for construction and operation
- Providing comprehensive construction law advice for a global food company
- Advising on transport and contract law (including drafting agreements) for a major construction materials manufacturer in the context of an outsourcing project regarding warehouse management and logistics
- Providing legal advice on the structuring of distribution partnerships in the wholesale area (technical trade)