Dr. Elixmann advises both private and public developers, construction companies, planning or project management consultants and construction product manufacturers in connection with medium and large construction projects. His work includes, in particular, the design of complex contracts, legal support during the design and construction phase and representation in court proceedings. Furthermore, Dr Elixmann has particular expertise in the area of digital planning and construction (BIM).
What others say
frequently recommended for private construction law – 'practice and solution oriented advice', client
JUVE Handbook 2022/23
One of the most frequently recommended lawyers for construction law
Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers® 'Germany's Best Lawyers 2022'
One of the lawyers most frequently recommended by in-house counsels for real estate and construction law
kanzleimonitor.de 2022/2023 of the German Institute for Legal Departments & Corporate Counsel
- Comprehensive architect and construction law support for the Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield group for project "Westfield Hamburg – Überseequartier"
- Comprehensive architect and construction law support for the Viega Group for project Viega World in Attendorn as BIM-project
- Scientific evaluation and advice to the Federal Ministry of Transportation and Digital Infrastructure (Bundesministerium für Verkehr und Digitale Infrastruktur, BMVI) on implementing the BIM Level Plan on Digital Planning and Construction (Stufenplan Digitales Planen und Bauen) as part of the joint ventures InfraBIM and BIM4INFRA 2020
- Scientific evaluation of BIM pilot projects of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Natural Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (Bundesministerium für Umwelt, Naturschutz, Bau und Reaktorsicherheit, BMUB) (as subcontractor of planen+bauen 4.0)
- Legal support for several project management companies on contractual matters (negotiations, claim management)
- Studied law at the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg i.B., 2004 to 2008
- Research assistant at the Institute for Public Law - Department IV: Administrative Law, Prof. Dr Friedrich Schoch, 2009 to 2011
- PhD on data privacy law, 2011
- Legal clerkship in Düsseldorf, Bonn and Seoul, 2011 to 2013
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Kapellmann since 2013
Further qualifications and memberships
- Member of the board of the German Association for Project Management in the Construction and Real Estate Industry (DVP) and chairman of the working group BIM and digital methods.
- Participant in the AHO Expert Commission Project Control/Project Management
- Lecturer at the continuing education program „BIM Professional for Building and Infrastructure Construction“ at the Academy of Ruhr-University Bochum
- Lecturer at the continuing education program „Building Information Modeling (BIM) Professional“ at the Technical University Munich School of Management
- Lecturer at RWTH Aachen University (Digital Planning Methods in MEP Engineering)