Sven Marco advises on the areas of digitalisation, construction and real estate.
Key practice areas include data protection law, e-commerce and artificial intelligence. In close cooperation with colleagues from the Commercial Criminal Law and Compliance practice groups, Sven Marco advises on IT compliance with a focus on cyber security and data protection.
Sven Marco also specialises in supporting medium-sized and large construction projects for principals and contractors and offers a holistic, project-orientated approach.
He lays particular emphasis on the interface issues associated with the digitalisation of the construction and real estate industry, as they become relevant in the implementation and operation of smart buildings and intelligent or digitalised building technology.
Sven Marco represents the interests of his clients both in and out of court including in arbitration proceedings.
- Advising a project developer in the field of Smart Building
- Advising a general contractor on the new construction of some company headquarters, project value over EUR 100 million
- Providing real estate and construction law advice to a large German parcel delivery company
- Ongoing provision of advice to various project developers on real estate law and private construction law
- Ongoing provision of advice to a medium-sized construction companies on all issues relating to construction law
- Assertion of claims for residual wages and defence against warranty claims for defects (project value c. € 24 million)
- Defence of architect fee claims and assertion of claims for damages (project value c. EUR 21 million)
- Advising an M-Dax company on selected data protection law issues
- Studied at the University of Trier, 2005 to 2012
- Research assistant at a major international law firm, 2011
- Work in Luxembourg in the fields of Corporate, Real Estate and Finance Law, accompanying preparation of PhD, 2012 to 2013
- PhD on corporate law, 2016
- Legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court Düsseldorf, 2013 to 2017
- Lawyer at Kapellmann since 2017
Further qualifications and memberships
- Specialist lawyer course for IT law
- Certified Data Protection Officer (Zertifizierter Datenschutzbeauftragter (TÜV®))
- Speaker at various seminars on construction and architects’ law