Hendrik primarily advises public principals as well as bidders on all questions of procurement law and represents them in procurement review proceedings. His clients include various municipalities as well as principals from the sectors of transport (airports, port operators, public transport businesses), energy (city utilities) and health/pension schemes.
He supports beneficiaries in complying with funding obligations and defending grant reclamations in the event of non-compliance.
What others say
One of the leading advisors for procurement law; 'highly qualified and reliable, with constructive and goal-oriented solutions', client; 'justifiably, one of the leading figures in procurement law nationwide; very collegial & competent', competitors
JUVE Handbook 2020/21 and 2022/23
Leading lawyer for procurement law 2023
WirtschaftsWoche Top-Kanzleien 2023
Recommended lawyer for public procurement law
Legal 500 Germany 2023
One of the most frequently recommended lawyers for public law
Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers® 'Germany's Best Lawyers 2023'
- Comprehensive procurement law advice to an airport on the new build of a passenger terminal
- Advising a port operator on the publicly funded establishment of a transhipping terminal
- Advising the Wuppertal public utility company/WSW mobil regarding the procurement of new vehicles and operating technology for the Wuppertaler Schwebebahn
- Advising on the procurement of project management services and professional planning services for the construction of a publicly funded concert hall (Musikzentrum Bochum)
- Advising a municipal administrative union on the procurement of software for tax assessment
- Representing a bidding consortium in review proceedings for the procurement of canal construction services for the Emscher sewage tunnel
- Advising on the establishment of the Neusser Bildungszentrums Romaneum by way of a public-private partnership
- Studied law at the Universities of Cologne and Bonn, 1994 to 1998
- Legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf, 1999 to 2001
- PhD at the University of Bonn, 2001 to 2002
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Kapellmann since 2002
Further qualifications and memberships
- Seminars/training courses on procurement law
- Member of Forum Contracting e.V.
- Member of the DVNW Deutsches Vergabenetzwerk