Dr Wittemeier advises principals and contractors on the realisation of medium-sized and large construction and plant engineering projects. His key practice areas are the drafting and negotiation of all relevant project contracts and the on-going provision of advice in the context of project development, including claim and anti-claim management. He also conducts proceedings before Courts. A further major focus is the support of offshore-wind park projects.
What others say
Recommended lawyer for construction law; listed among the "names of the next generation" in construction law; 'convinces with outstanding knowledge in the field of plant construction law, from the drafting of the contract to construction supervision and the defence against defects after acceptance'
Legal 500 Germany 2022 and 2023
Listed as a recommended lawyer for real estate and construction law
kanzleimonitor.de 2022/2023 (law firm directory of the German institute for legal departments & in-house lawyers)
- Legal advice to several principals on the construction and operation of offshore wind parks (alpha ventus, Meerwind Süd/Ost, RIFFGAT)
- Legal advice on various major construction projects and plant engineering projects
- Studied law with additional training in economic science at the University of Bayreuth, 1998 to 2003
- PhD, 2003 to 2006
- Legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf, 2005 to 2007
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Kapellmann since 2008
Further qualifications and membership
- Lecturer at the Technische Universität Darmstadt since 2017
- Numerous seminars on private construction law and contract law