Martin advises principals and contractors on the realisation of medium-sized and large construction and plant engineering projects. His key practice areas are the drafting and negotiation of relevant project contracts and in the ongoing provision of advice during the project development phase including claim and anti-claim management. He also represents clients in litigious disputes before the courts. A further focus is supporting offshore wind farm projects.
What others say
Recommended lawyer for construction law; listed under 'the next generation of lawyers' in construction law; 'outstanding knowledge in the field of plant construction law, from contract drafting to construction supervision to defence against defects after acceptance'
Legal 500 Germany 2022 since 2024
Listed as a lawyer recommended by in-house counsel for real estate law and construction law
kanzleimonitor.de 2022/2023 (law firm directory of the German institute for legal departments & in-house lawyers)
- Advising several principals on the construction and operation of offshore wind farms (alpha ventus, Meerwind Süd/Ost, RIFFGAT)
- Advising on various major construction projects and plant engineering projects
- Studied law with additional training in economic science at the University of Bayreuth, 1998 to 2003
- PhD, 2003 to 2006
- Legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court Düsseldorf, 2005 to 2007
- Lawyer at Kapellmann since 2008
Further qualifications and membership
- Lecturer at the Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences since 2017 to 2024
- Numerous seminars on private construction law and contract law