The health sector presents a multitude of special requirements to all concerned. In the planning and construction of healthcare facilities, special requirements must be observed for fire prevention and for compliance with hygiene standards. Principals assigning building projects in the health sector are generally subject to public procurement law. Strict compliance with procurement law is also a prerequisite for qualifying for funding under federal state hospital laws. Specific particularities of state aid law must be observed in the operation of facilities in the health sector.
In the health sector we advise public principals, construction companies and architecture and engineering firms in complex construction projects and procurement proceedings and represent them before courts and federal public procurement tribunals. We advise operators of healthcare facilities in the increasingly important area of state aid law. Furthermore, we are active in the management of mergers in and acquisitions the health sector.
- Restructuring of St. Elisabeth Hospital, Ravensburg (Value > €200 m.), advising principal on all construction and procurement law issues
- Klinikum Ansbach, advising principal on all construction and procurement law issues
- Landkreis Ravensburg on the planned takeover of Krankenhaus 14 Nothelfer GmbH from the city of Weingarten
- Procurement review proceedings relating to the procurement of the object planning contract for the new build of the portal clinic at the University of Munich
- Constant advice on competition law to several international pharmaceutical companies
- Klinikum Darmstadt: advice on project for central new build
- Evangelisches Krankenhaus Holzminden: advice on project for restructuring and new build
- Health insurance fund: constant representation in a series of procurement proceedings
- University clinic: advice on procurement and contract law regarding neurology PP new build and central sterilisation new build