Dr Thorsten Schlier, LL.M.
- Construction contracts
- Law of architects and engineers
- Real estate law
- Commercial lease law
Dr Schlier provides legal advice to principals and contractors on all aspects of construction law and the law of architects and engineers. This includes the conception and drafting of relevant project contracts, claim and anti-claim management as well as the representation in all disputes and court proceedings. A further key practice area is the advice on real estate law.
- Ongoing construction law advice to and legal representation of a German building construction company
- Advising and procedural representation for a software company on the implementation of wide-ranging defect claims
- Ongoing construction law advice to and legal representation of well-known medium-sized engineering companyAdvising and procedural representation for a developer in case of the assertion of warranty rights and the protection against claims
- Advice with the valuation as well as attendance at the contractual negotiations regarding the construction of the “Henninger Turm” in Frankfurt
- Advising and procedural representation for a DAX-subsidiary in connection with architectural liability
- Ongoing construction and contract law advice on the implementation of a infrastructure project value c. € 130m
Further qualifications and memberships
- Speaker at numerous seminars on construction law
- Member of the Verein zur Förderung von Forschung und Lehre im privaten Baurecht an der Philipps-Universität in Marburg e.V.
- Member of the Working Group on Construction Law within the German Lawyers’ Association (ARGE Baurecht beim Deutschen Anwaltverein)
- Studied law at the Philipps-Universität Marburg, 2004 to 2009
- Additional qualification in private construction law at the Philipps-Universität Marburg, 2007 to 2009
- Research assistant in an international commercial law firm, real estate law department, 2009 to 2010
- Legal clerkship at the Regional Court of Marburg 2010 to 2012
- PhD on construction law, 2016
- Studied at the Philipps-Universität Marburg, for the Master of Laws (LL.M.), 2014 to 2016
Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Kapellmann since 2013