Dr René Wieser, LL.M., M.Jur.
- Competition law
- Corporate compliance
Dr Wieser advises on issues under German and European competition law. He represents companies and trade associations in proceedings of the German Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission concerning possible infringements of competition law. Furthermore, Dr. Wieser advises and represents companies and trade associations in court proceedings relating to competition law, especially questions of damage la was well as merger control proceedings and the establishment of compliance systems. A key focus of his work is the ongoing advice to companies and associations on competition law issues that arise in day-to-day business. Within this framework, Dr. Wieser advises on issues such as the design of distribution systems as well as contracts and conducts training courses and compliance audits.
Further qualifications and memberships
- Lecturer at the University of Jena
- Member oft he German-British Lawyers Association
- Member of the Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.
- Member of the supporting association of the Institute for Energy Law at the University of Cologne
- Studied law in Jena, York (UK), Durham (UK) and Oxford (UK), 2008 to 2014
- Scholarship from the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung, 2008 to 2014
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) in International Corporate and Commercial Law at the University of York (Alcuin College), 2012 to 2013
- Master of Jurisprudence (M.Jur.) with a focus on competition law at the University of Durham (University College), 2014 to 2015
- Associate Member (MCR) of Lincoln College, University of Oxford, 2015 to 2016
- Doctorate (PhD) on the civil liability of economic entities for violations of European competition law in Germany and England at the University of Jena, 2014 to 2016
- Research assistant in the field of competition law at the international law firms Jones Day and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in Düsseldorf, 2014 to 2016
- Legal clerkship in the district of the Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf, including positions at the Special Unit for Combating Cartels of the Federal Cartel Office, at Clifford Chance in the area of competition law and at thyssenkrupp AG in the area of compliance, 2016 to 2018
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Kapellmann since 2018