Philip Lux, LL.M.
- Competition law
- EU law
- State aid law
- Belgian business law
Mr Lux advises companies and public institutions on questions of Belgian and EU competition law, in particular with respect to restrictive practices and merger control proceedings, and represents them before the European Commission and the Belgian Competition Authority. Furthermore, he represents clients in issues of State aid law before the European Commission. Finally, Mr Lux also advises clients present in the Belgian market.
- Studied law (Candidature - LL.B.) at the FUNDP Namur, Belgium, 2002 to 2004
- Studied law (Licence - Master of Laws)) at the ULB Brussels, Belgium, 2004 to 2007 (focus on private law)
- Master of Laws “International Trade and Commercial Law” (LL.M.) at Durham University, UK, 2007 to 2008
- Lawyer at the Brussels and Cologne office of the law firm Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, with a focus on Belgian and EU competition law, general EU law, Belgian business law, 2008 to 2014
- Since 2012 qualified Belgian lawyer (Avocat/Rechtsanwalt) with the Brussels bar and Avocat/Rechtsanwalt at Kapellmann since 2014