Dr Peter Coenen
Specialist lawyer for commercial and corporate law
Dr Coenen advises national and international clients in all matters relating to commercial and corporate law. The field of his activities extends from company foundations/acquisitions, throughout structural measures and consulting for the operative business up to company liquidations/sales.
Furthermore, Dr Coenen supports companies as well as their respective shareholders and directors in the event of judicial or extrajudicial corporate disputes.
His client base includes, inter alia, medium-sized enterprises as well as family owned companies, start-ups, associations and public authorities. Dr Coenen focuses on their specific concerns in the course of his consultancy.
- Law studies at the Heinrich-Heine-University of Düsseldorf, 2004 to 2009
- Research doctorate at the Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf on a group law topic, 2010 to 2014
- Legal clerkship in Düsseldorf and Auckland, 2013 to 2015
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Bird & Bird LLP in the Corporate / M&A practice group, 2015 to 2017
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Kapellmann since 2017
Further qualifications and memberships
- Visiting lecturer at the Hochschule Fresenius, University of Applied Sciences, 2010 to 2018