Dr Coenen advises national and international clients in all matters relating to commercial and corporate law. The field of his activities extends from company foundations/acquisitions, throughout structural measures and consulting for the operative business up to company liquidations/sales.
Furthermore, Dr Coenen supports companies as well as their respective shareholders and directors in the event of judicial or extrajudicial corporate disputes.
His client base includes, inter alia, medium-sized enterprises as well as family owned companies, start-ups, associations and public authorities. Dr Coenen focuses on their specific concerns in the course of his consultancy.
- Law studies at the Heinrich-Heine-University of Düsseldorf, 2004 to 2009
- Research doctorate at the Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf on a group law topic, 2010 to 2014
- Legal clerkship in Düsseldorf and Auckland, 2013 to 2015
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Bird & Bird LLP in the Corporate / M&A practice group, 2015 to 2017
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Kapellmann since 2017
Further qualifications and memberships
- Visiting lecturer at the Hochschule Fresenius, University of Applied Sciences, 2010 to 2018