Maria Weiss advises broadly in all areas of private construction law, real estate law and lease law. Another major focus of her work is the support of complex projects in the field of renewable energies (onshore and offshore wind farms).
In all of this, Ms Weiss is not only a contact person for contract negotiations: The clients also particularly like to call her in as an assertive "trouble shooter" when problems or disputes arise, due to her many years of experience in contentious matters. Her repertoire ranges from out-of-court negotiations to court proceedings and arbitration – because each case requires customized tactics that optimally reflect the commercial interests of the client.
• Support in numerous, often complex disputes in lease and construction law
• Contractual advice related to real estate (e.g. lease and purchase law)
• Detailed advice on claims management under lease law
• Advice on contract negotiations and disputes in connection with wind farm projects
• Law studies at the University of Greifswald, 2008 to 2013
• Legal clerkship at the Hanseatic Higher Regional Court of Hamburg, 2013 to 2016
• Lawyer at Hogan Lovells International LLP in Hamburg, 2016 to 2022 (focus: real estate litigation)
• Lawyer at Kapellmann und Partner since 2022