Dr Schiffers advises on German and EU competition law (in both cases including merger control). He represents national and international companies as well as associations from industry, trade and the services sector before the Federal Cartel Office respectively the European Commission and in legal proceedings with competition law implications before German and European Courts. In addition, Dr Schiffers advises on all distribution and contract related competition law matters.
A further key practice area is the support of national and international companies and associations in the establishment, further development and supervision of compliance systems (among others, carrying out compliance audits).
What others say
Recommended lawyer for antitrust law
Legal 500 Germany 2020
One of the most frequently recommended lawyers for european law
Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers® 'Germany's Best Lawyers 2020'
Recommended for competition law
kanzleimonitor.de 2017 - 2018
- Representing various companies before the Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission in fine proceedings
- Frequent merger control notifications to the Federal Cartel Office for a major project developer in the renewable energy sector
- Implementation of group-wide compliance structures for (publicly-traded) companies
- Studied law at the University of Cologne, 1997 to 2002
- Studied at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA, for the Master of Laws (LL.M.), 2003 to 2004
- PhD on international stock company law with Prof. Dr Barbara Grunewald (University of Co-logne) with a scholarship from the Arbeitskreis Wirtschaft und Recht im Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft
- Legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Cologne, 2005 to 2007 (inter alia, elective stage at the Directorate-General for Competition of the European Commission)
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Kapellmann since 2008
Further qualifications and memberships
- Member of the Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.
- Lecturer on competition law and corporate compliance at Technische Universität Dortmund
- Speaker at numerous conferences and seminars on competition law as well as on compliance matters