Dr Walter Scheerbarth
- Corporate law/M&A
- Commercial and distribution law
- Law of inheritance
- Trust law
Dr Scheerbarth advises partnerships and corporations on issues of structuring and establishment as well as in times of crisis or liquidation. He also advises companies and entrepreneurs on corporate law disputes and on company successions as well as on the establishment of trusts.
Another key focus of Dr Scheerbarth includes the drafting of individual contracts in commercial law and related fields of business law. In the area of business law and law of inheritance, Dr Scheerbarth also takes legal proceedings, if necessary.
What others say
One of the most frequently recommended lawyers for Corporate Governance & Compliance Practice – Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers® "Germany's Best Lawyers 2020"
- Sale of a technology company to a M-Dax company
- Various shareholder disputes in GmbH and partnerships including in connection with the liability of managing directors
- Advice on matters of compliance to various subsidiaries of a DAX company
- On-Going legal advice to several major event venues
- Assisting in company transactions and purchases (share deal, asset deal)
Further qualifications and memberships
- Member of the Pre-Review Committee for Commercial and Corporate Law of the Bar Association Düsseldorf (Vorprüfungsausschuss für Handels- und Gesellschaftsrecht der Rechtsanwaltskammer Düsseldorf)
- Certified executor (Geprüfter Testamentsvollstrecker (DVEV))
- Seminars on distribution law in cooperation with the German-Dutch Chamber of Commerce
- Studied law at the University of Cologne, 1985 to 1990
- Research assistant at the University of Cologne (Prof. Dr Arnulf Schmitt-Kammler), 1992 to 1993
- PhD in general administrative law, 1993 to 1995
- Legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf, 1991 to 1994
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) since 1994, at Kapellmann since 2002