Dr Tom Giesen
- Construction contracts
- Real estate law
- Employment law
- Plant engineering law
- Project development and project management law
Dr Giesen advises public and private principals and contractors on medium-sized and large construction projects and, in particular, plant engineering projects.
He also advises employers and employees on questions regarding the establishment and drafting of employment contracts, their execution and termination; his key practice focus here is in advising companies on restructuring measures.
In the area of compliance he concerns himself with the implementation of guidelines, their design in cooperation with employee organisations and the prosecution of employment law infringements for companies.
He also advises and trains employers in the areas of temporary labour supply and the secondment of employees.
- Supporting major plant engineering companies in the construction of power plants
- Advice on employment law compliance for medium-sized and large companies throughout Germany
- Advice on employment law for a Canadian company on the establishment of a company in Germany
Further qualifcations and memberships
- Lecturer at numerous congresses and seminar events
- Lecturer at the IST University for Management Duesseldorf
- Studied law at the University of Bonn, 1993 to 1998
- PhD on criminal law, 1998 to 2002
- Legal clerkship with the Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf, 2000 to 2002
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Kapellmann since 2002