Dr Michael Steinhauer, LL.M.
- Commercial and distribution law
- Competition law
- Corporate compliance
- Intellectual property and unfair competition law
Dr Steinhauer advises on all aspects of distribution law, including relevant areas of distribution antitrust law and competition law. Next to ongoing advice to purchasing and sales departments, a main focus of his work consists in the structuring of and contract drafting for distribution systems, from the perspective of the supplier as well as that of the distributor. A further key practice area is the management of proceedings in the context of commercial and distribution law related disputes, in particular sales agent indemnification payment claims.
Dr Steinhauer also supports companies in conducting distribution antitrust law related compliance audits in purchasing and distribution departments.
- Advising a number of producers and retailers in the area of online distribution (B2B, B2C) with regard to distribution law, distribution antitrust law, competition law, and consumer protection law
- Distribution law advice and antitrust related distribution law advice with regard to the founding and contractual structuring of distribution cooperations in the area of technical trade
- Development of a contract management system for a subsidiary of a M-Dax company
- Re-structuring of petrol station distribution systems of several major petroleum companies (each with over 100 petrol stations)
- Drafting of all contract documents for the establishment of a direct distribution system in the field of heating oil for a large trans-regional supplier
- Drafting of template distribution agreement for a medium-sized chemicals manufacturer for the worldwide distribution of chemicals
- Comprehensive advice to a producer of pet food on the transition from an exclusive distribution system to a selective distribution system in various European countries, included the drafting of all necessary contracts
Further qualifications and memberships
- Speaker at numerous seminars on distribution law and distribution-related competition law
- Studied at the University of Heidelberg, 1997 to 2001
- PhD in the field of economic science, 2001 to 2004
- Masters at the University of Technology (Sydney, Australia), 2002
- Legal clerkship at the judicial district of the Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf, 2004 to 2006
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) since 2006, at Kapellmann since 2010