Dr Ivo du Mont, LL.M.
- Competition law
- Corporate compliance
- EU law
Dr du Mont advises on German and European merger control, in competition proceedings of the Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission as well as in court proceedings relating to competition law before the German and European courts. A key area of his practice is providing continuous advice to companies to ensure the observance of competition law rules and regulations in their daily business (compliance). Here Dr du Mont advises, inter alia, on competition aspects of contract law and carries out training and compliance audits.
What others say
Frequently recommended for competition law; “highly specialised, very responsive”, client; “reliable, likeable, knowledgeable”, competitor – JUVE Handbook 2019/20
Recommended for antitrust law and compliance – Legal 500 Germany 2020
One of the most frequently recommended lawyers for Competition/Antitrust Law – Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers® "Germany's Best Lawyers 2020"
Further qualifications and memberships
- Speaker at numerous seminars in competition law inter alia in collaboration with the BME (Bundesverband Materialwirtschaft, Einkauf und Logistik e.V.)
- Member of the Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.
- Studied law in Saarbrücken, Lille (France) and Warwick (UK), 1996 to 2002
- Scholarship from the Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes, 1996 to 2002
- Legal clerkship with the Higher Regional Court of Cologne, 2003 to 2005
- Research assistant with Linklaters Oppenhoff & Rädler, Cologne and Brussels, focusing on German and EU competition law, 2002 to 2004
- LL.M. (University of Warwick), European private law, 2005
- PhD on German law of obligations, 2006
- Lawyer at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, Cologne, focusing on German and EU competition law, 2006 to 2009
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Kapellmann since 2009