Dr Gregor Schiffers, LL.M.
- Competition law
- State aid law
- Corporate compliance
Dr Schiffers advises on German and EU competition law (in both cases including merger control) and represents national and international companies as well as associations from industry, trade and the services sector before the Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission. A further key practice area is the support of national and international companies and associations in the establishment, further development and supervision of compliance systems.
Dr Schiffers advises public and private companies on EU state aid law and represents them before the European Commission.
What others say
Recommended for antitrust law – Legal 500 Germany 2015
- Representing a company before the Federal Cartel Office in the "mining" case
- Representing a company before the Federal Cartel Office in the "ophthalmic lens cartel" case
- Representing a company before the European Commission in the "heat stabiliser cartel" case
- Frequent merger control notifications to the Federal Cartel Office for a major project developer in the renewable energy sector
- Implementation of a group-wide compliance structure for a MDAX-listed industrial company
Further qualifications and memberships
- Member of the Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.
- Speaker at numerous seminars on competition and state aid law as well as on compliance matters
- Studied law at the University of Cologne, 1997 to 2002
- Research assistant at the University of Cologne, 2002 to 2003 and 2006 to 2007
- Studied at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA, for the Master of Laws (LL.M.), 2003 to 2004
- Research assistant at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, 2005 to 2006
- PhD on international stock company law with Prof. Dr Barbara Grunewald with a scholarship from the Arbeitskreis Wirtschaft und Recht im Stiftverband für die deutsche Wissenschaft
- Legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Cologne, 2005 to 2007
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Kapellmann since 2008