Dr Bernd Wust, LL.M.
Specialist lawyer for administrative law
- Construction contracts
- Project development and project management law
- Plant engineering law
- Finance and banking law
- Corporate law/M&A
Dr Wust advices on all aspects of project development. A key practice area is energy projects, in particular wind and solar farms, relating to which he also assists in financing matters and transactions. Furthermore Dr Wust regularly advises on all questions of contract drafting, contract management and claim/anti-claim management related to construction and plant engineering projects. His clients include project developers, principals and construction companies as well as purchasers and operators of energy projects.
What others say
Recommended for environmental and planning law – Legal 500 Germany 2020
Project advice on the development, permission and construction of numerous wind park projects
Advising purchasers and sellers on the acquisition of renewable energy plants including project rights (ENOVA-Group, Allgäuer Überlandwerke GmbH)
Regularly representing clients in legal proceedings on environmental law before the administrative courts
Drafting of investment prospectuses for the public sale of shareholdings in wind- and solar projects and accompanying the approval procedure before the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin)
Advising of a leading operator of nursing homes on the construction of nursing homes
Further qualifications and memberships
- Lecturer at the Deggendorf Institute of Technology, departments: civil engineering, resources and environmental management
- Member of the Juristischer Beirat des Bundesverbandes Windenergie e. V.
- Studied law at the Universities of Freiburg and Granada (Spain), 1999 to 2005
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) at Columbia University, New York, 2007
- Research assistant to the Chair for Civil Law, Commercial and Employment Law and Legal Philosophy at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (Prof. em. Dr Dr h.c. mult. Claus-Wilhelm Canaris and Prof. Dr Hans Christoph Grigoleit), 2007 to 2010
- Legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Munich, 2008 to 2010
- PhD on securities law at the University of Freiburg 2010; Dissertation awarded with the Hochschulpreis 2010 des Deutschen Aktieninstitut e.V.
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Kapellmann since 2011