Dr Axel Kallmayer
- Competition law
- State aid law
- Corporate compliance
Dr Kallmayer advises on German and EU competition law as well as merger control. A further key area of his practice is support in the development of compliance systems. Among his clients are German and international companies and associations from industry, commerce and the services sector.
Dr Kallmayer advises companies and public institutions on EU state aid law and represents them before the European Commission in notification and investigation proceedings.
What others say
"client-oriented and aware of problems, very cooperative, perfect for consensual solutions", client; "excellent professional knowledge", "pragmatic, fast and efficient", competitors – JUVE German Commercial Law Firms 2015 and 2016
One of the most frequently recommended lawyers for Competition/Antitrust Law as well as Corporate Governance/Compliance – Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers® "Germany's Best Law Firms and Lawyers 2018"
Among the 20 most frequently recommended lawyers for competition law – Kanzleimonitor 2016/2017 (law firm directory of the German federal association of in-house lawyers)
Ranked as one of the best lawyers for compliance and D&O liability – WirtschaftsWoche "Top-Kanzleien" ranking of 12 May 2017
Further qualifications and memberships
- Lecturer at Heinrich-Heine University Düsseldorf for EU and German competition law
- Speaker at numerous seminars on competition and state aid law
- Member of the German Competition Law Association e.V. (Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.)
- Studied at the Universities of Saarland and Lausanne, 1991 to 1997
- Legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Saarland, 1997 to 1999
- Research assistant at the European Institute of the University of the Saarland (Prof. Dr Torsten Stein), 1994 to 2000
- Visiting Scholar at Columbia Law School, New York, with scholarship from the Daimler-Benz Foundation, 2000 to 2001
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer 2002 to 2004, at Kapellmann since 2004