Prof. Dr Antonius Ewers
- Corporate law/M&A
- Commercial and distribution law
- Intellectual property and unfair competition law
- Restructuring and insolvency law
Prof. Dr Ewers is specialized in national and cross-border transactions, esp. in the field of corporate acquisitions. He constantly advises in the case of the initiation, negotiation and the execution of corporate transactions. An additional focus of his activity lies in the reorganisation of enterprises. Furthermore Prof. Dr. Ewers advises widespread in the whole law of partnerships and corporations, including managing directors to avoid risks or cases of liability.
Furthermore, Prof. Dr Ewers advises and represents companies in the area of unfair competition law, strategically as well as in the context of individual measures.
Prof. Dr Ewers advises big and medium-sized enterprises with a focus on the mittelstand. He is extensively experienced in the advice of enterprises acting in the field of industry and services and also in the advice of financial investors.
What others say
One of the most frequently recommended lawyers for Corporate Governance & Compliance Practice – Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers® "Germany's Best Lawyers 2020"
- Advice to German Trunk group on the acquisition of Austrian press wholesaler Valora Services Austria GmbH
- Advice to the Bergmann group on the sale of the automotive supplier Bergmann automotive to German Equity Partners IV
- Permanent advice to a financial investor on the acquisition and the sale of shares in the field of e-commerce
- Advice to an enterprise active in the field of trading with chemicals in the context of the participation of an financial investor in the form of an atypical silent partnership
- Advice to an enterprise by a demerger of 22 properties and the restructuring of the surgical company
- Advice to the shareholders of several enterprises acting in the field of information technology on the sale of all enterprises with national and international seats
- Extrajudicial and judicial representation of companies and private persons in the context of disputes between shareholders
- Permanent advice to managing directors on the protection against claim of damages concerning to alleged breaches of duty esp. in the forefield of insolvencies
Further qualifications and memberships
- Honorary Professor in the legal field Economic Law at University Niederrhein, Mönchengladbach, Germany
- Visiting lecturer in the legal field Economic Law at IST University for Management, Düsseldorf, Germany (to 2017)
- Member of the Corporate Lawyers Association (Gesellschaftsrechtliche Vereinigung)
- Study of laws at Trier University, 1986 to 1992
- Legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Koblenz, 1992 to 1995
- Doctorate in the legal field of police law at Humboldt University, Berlin, with Prof. Dr Bernhard Schlink, 2003
- Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) since 1996, at Kapellmann since 2002