Plant engineering law
We advise principals and contractors in all project phases in national and international plant engineering law. The breadth of our activity spans from the drafting of contracts for industrial plants and technical works of every size (e.g. power plants, on- and offshore wind parks, process industries, acquisition of plants and machinery) through the procurement process to legally sound procedures and commissioning.
Alongside advising on individual problems, we also offer structured project-related advice on claim, anti-claim and risk management, if necessary including the representation of clients before law courts and courts of arbitration.
Our lawyers are particularly acquainted with the technical and construction-related processes and requirements of plant engineering law. In international projects (e.g. under FIDIC), we can supplementary revert to a network of foreign law firms.
"Highly regarded construction law oriented practice that is active in plant engineering and project development on a large scale." – JUVE Handbook 2016/17
„firmly established in plant engineering, airport or infrastructure projects"
– JUVE Awards 2013
- Riffgat Beteiligungs GmbH & Co. KG: support of offshore wind park RIFFGAT
- Hitachi Power Europe GmbH: project management support for the construction of several national and international power plants
- DOTI GmbH & Co KG: support for alpha ventus offshore wind park
- EWE OSS: supervision of several projects and tendering procedures
- WindMW GmbH: comprehensive project advice in the installation phase, in particular (anti-)claim management concerning Meerwind Süd/Ost offshore wind park
- Stadtwerke Düsseldorf AG: comprehensive advice on Lausward power plant new build
- Nördlicher Grund GmbH: comprehensive advice concerning contract drafting for the Nördlicher Grund offshore wind park
- Global Tech I Offshore Wind GmbH: advice in the installation phase, in particular (anti-)claim management
- Stadtwerke Duisburg AG: advice on new build and operation of HKW III/B
- RWE Innogy GmbH: advice on claim management, offshore wind park Nordsee Ost
- Association of Steam Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Piping Manufacturers (FDBR): execution of a comprehensive training programme on contract law and claim management