Intellectual Property / Competition Law
Our lawyers specialising in the field of IP and competition law use their many years of experience to support our clients with all their legal issues, domestic and international. These include in particular representations at trademark and patent offices, as well as in extra-judicial and judicial disputes.
We provide comprehensive advice on registration, enforcement and defence of trademark rights (trademarks, names, company denomination) and Internet domains. Further focus is on the areas of copyright law, design law, of patent and utility model law, the protection of know-how and trade secrets, as well as the drafting of licence agreements.
- Advising and representing an internationally operating U.S. manufacturer of sports tapes in the enforcement of trademark and domain name rights in Europe
- Advising a leading chemical fibre producer on the licensing of technologies and know-how
- Advising a major marketing agency in shaping their brand family
We support our clients in the design and implementation of both comprehensive marketing campaigns and one-time-advertising. We have expertise in defence against unjustified cease-and-desist letters or other attacks by competitors, as well as in the active enforcement of market positions. This includes the development of corporate strategies, e.g. against product piracy.
- Comprehensive advice of a European car manufacturer regarding advertising and marketing activities in Germany
- Comprehensive advice and legal representation of a jewellery manufacturer with worldwide offices in its clampdown on counterfeiting
- Advising an international furniture store on the design of advertising campaigns
- Supporting a component manufacturer in the enforcement of their know-how against competitors