Commercial and distribution law
We support large and medium-sized companies in drafting and implementing contracts of different kinds in the area of commerce and distribution. If necessary we also assist our clients in disputes before courts of law and courts of arbitration.
We advise manufacturers as well as wholesalers and retailers comprehensively in establishing and updatingtheir distribution systems, including contributing our competition law expertise regarding distribution systems. Our activity focuses on commercial agency, direct sales and selective distribution systems as well as franchise systems. In addition, we assist companies in responding appropriately to the increasing relevance of the internet.
- Restructuring the petrol station distribution systems of various petroleum companies (more than 100 petrol stations each)
- Advising a company on a franchise system in the fashion industry
- Developing various distribution systems in the pet food industry
- Support in establishing a trans-regional direct distribution system in the heating oil, electricity and gas industry
We advise clients on all legal questions in connection with complex purchase and supply contracts under German law as well as under international sale of goods law (CISG).
- Revising and negotiating all contract documents for the sale of vehicles with a value of over 300 million Euros to a South African state company
- Fully-fledged management of negotiations for a supplier of power plant components in its defence against damage claims of its customer amounting to several million Euros
- Drafting and negotiating various supply contracts with international customers for a German manufacturer of medical devices
- Representing a group of companies in the packaging industry in its defence against various actions for damages
- Conducting international arbitration proceedings regarding supply of a paper production plant as presiding arbitrator