Our support knows no bounds, in national or international matters
A substantial proportion of our matters deal with cross-border issues: we advise foreign companies with interests in Germany just as often as we advise German businesses with projects abroad.
In doing so, we collaborate closely with other independent law firms, many of whom we have been working with for years, and all of whom have standards just as high as ours. Since these relationships are not exclusive, we are of course also happy to work with the particular foreign law firm preferred by our client.
Many of our lawyers are very familiar with the demands of international business through their experience in international matters. Many have worked or studied abroad. The team based at our Brussels office has expertise in advising on the BeNeLux region. For advice on other regions such as France or Eastern Europe, we can assemble teams with the relevant language skills and country knowledge.
- Nuclear power plants in Finland (new build) and Sweden (plant lifetime extension): providing comprehensive advice to several project parties
- Providing contract law advice on the construction of a degassing plant in India
- Supporting cross-border company acquisitions and disposals in due diligence, contract negotiations and merger control
- Carrying out audits and investigations relating to competition and corruption law in several EU states and in Asia
- Providing legal advice to support the construction of terminal buildings at Budapest Airport (FIDIC contracts)
- Providing contract law advice on the construction of production plants in India, Thailand and Brazil
- Establishing and restructuring joint ventures and other forms of cooperation between German and foreign companies, e.g. in Austria, Russia, Kazakhstan, South Africa and China
- Designing international distribution systems and complex supply agreements e.g. for the EU, Saudi Arabia, China, Japan and South Africa